Your all–encompassing guide to learning Android app development
If you′re an aspiring or beginning programmer interested in creating apps for the Android market which grows in size and downloads every day this is your comprehensive, one–stop guide.Android Application Development All–in–One ForDummies covers the information you absolutely need to get started developing apps for Android. Inside, you′ll quickly get up to speed on Android programming concepts and put your new knowledge to use to manage data, program cool phone features, refine your applications, navigate confidently around the Android native development kit, and add important finishing touches to your apps.
Covering the latest features and enhancements to the Android Software Developer′s Kit, this friendly, hands–on guide walks you through Android programming basics, shares techniques for developing great Android applications, reviews Android hardware, and much more.
- All programming examples, including the sample application, are available for download from the book′s website
- Information is carefully organized and presented in an easy–to–follow format
- 800+ pages of content make this an invaluable resource at an unbeatable price
- Written by an expert Java educator, Barry Burd, who authors the bestsellingJava For Dummies
Open the book and find:
- Cool ways to use the accelerometer in your app
- How to turn mobile limitations into opportunities
- Tips on installing and setting up the tools
- Step-by-step coding directions
- Ways to make your apps more marketable
- How to create really useful menus
- Advice on app pricing
- Ten great sample apps and SDKs, including code
- Create apps for hot smartphones like Droid X, Galaxy S, and MyTouch
- Download the SDK and get Eclipse up and running
- Code Android applications
- Submit your apps to the Android Market
Go from Android newbie to master programmer in no time with the help ofAndroid Application Development All–in–One For Dummies!